Pour 4 caramel candies :
Preparation ofcaramel :
- Cut the vanilla pod in half lengthwise and scrape out the small seeds inside.
Put the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Let it melt gently until it turns into caramel.
(To know when to stop cooking, throw a little caramel in a glass of ice water: it should form a ball that is not too firm.)
- Meanwhile, warm the fresh cream in the microwave and also soften the butter slightly.
- Off the heat, first add the cream, stirring vigorously. Then quickly add the butter and the vanilla pod while still stirring to obtain a smooth and creamy cream.
- Pour the mixture into a square baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Leave to cool for a few hours.
- Cut the caramels with a knife and wrap them in cling film.
Salted butter caramel candies, a delight !