For this recipe you will need:
- 300g of floor
- 225 g of Echiré butter
- 90 g of egg yolk
- 10 g of yeast
- 6 g of salt from Ile de Ré
- 60 g candied angelica in cubes
- 2 sliced apples
- In a first bowl, beat the butter with the sugar and salt using a spatula or an electric mixer.
- Add the egg yolks.
- In another container, sift the flour with the yeast, then mix with the angelica cubes.
- Mix the contents of the two containers until a homogeneous paste is obtained, then set aside for at least 2 hours.
- Separate the dough in half, then flatten them until they are about 22 cm.
- Place the first dough in a 3,5 cm high dessert circle, brown around the edges, then place the apple slices in the center in a rosette.
- Cover with the second dough, then stick around.
- Dine with the egg and scratch with a fork.
- Cook your shortbread for 30 to 35 minutes at 180 ° C.
- Enjoy your apple shortbread and angelica lukewarm.